CITY OF YORKTON

Construction to begin for a new airport terminal at the Yorkton Municipal Airport

Construction to begin for a new airport terminal at the Yorkton Municipal Airport

Feb 27, 2024 | 5:55am
A new airport terminal is officially a go for the city of Yorkton.    Last night (Mon), city council voted 3-2, to approve the 2.3-million-dollar project at the Yorkton Municipal Airport. It was initially brought forward to the council in the fall, but was denied, as council told city administration to revise their plan.   While the […]
Yorkton City Council & City Manager Part Ways

Yorkton City Council & City Manager Part Ways

Feb 2, 2024 | 8:57am
Yorkton City Council have announced they’ve voted to part ways with City Manager Lonnie Kaal.  The decision was made during a special meeting of council held last night (Thurs), and the press release states that council felt that a change in leadership at this level is required at this time and is confident that Council can […]
Residents of Yorkton can now review draft of city’s 2024 budgets

Residents of Yorkton can now review draft of city’s 2024 budgets

Jan 30, 2024 | 5:27am
Yorkton City Council has approved releasing a draft of the 2024/25 Capital and Operating Budgets to the public.    The proposed budget will be posted on the city’s website, to allow for public feedback, before Council gives final approval.  The budget would consist of 2.5% operational and 1.0% Capital increases, totaling 3.5%.    Online feedback forms are […]
City of Yorkton’s Civic Recognition Award Winners for 2023 announced

City of Yorkton’s Civic Recognition Award Winners for 2023 announced

Dec 19, 2023 | 6:45am
The winners of the City of Yorkton’s 2023 Civic Recognition Awards were announced during last night’s (Mon) city council meeting.  The awards were divided into three categories: Adult, Youth, and Group. Kristin Weber was selected for the Adult category, Avery Bond for the Youth category, and the Boys and Girls Club of Yorkton took home […]